Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment.
Pearl Education - Please enter your jewelry question or comment. > Retail Pearls

pearleducation
Costco Pearls
07-09-2012, 08:36 AM

From time to time, we get inquiries from consumers who have visited the store Costco in search of pearls and pearl jewelry. As such, we took a field trip to a Costco store to see for ourselves what they are selling. I wanted to share what I learned about some pearls being sold at Costco. Particularly the 7.5 x 8mm cultured pearls and the matching 8mm earring.

nicole
Administrator
07-10-2012, 04:01 PM

I believe the pearls are a fair quality and by our standards rate at an A+. The luster on this particular strand is not bad, and it clearly has the silver overtone. What I did notice right away was that the pearls appear not to be perfectly round.

albertjr
11-01-2012, 05:02 AM

These are really wonderful . I want to know from which region these are .
I am glad to see the shape . I have seen pearl before but this time my experience is much better . Is The price mentioned there in Dollar ?

Pearlanista
Better Than I Thought
01-12-2013, 12:10 PM

Well, your rating on these Costco pearls is actually quite a bit higher than I thought it would be. Although they might be of "fair" quality, who wants to spend over $1,000 on mediocre pearls? Not me. That is the same thing as going to Walmart to buy diamonds. There is a reason those diamonds are sold under the same roof as milk, eggs and bread. There is a reason that these pearls are sold under the same roof as thousands of other discount items. They are just not the best. I would rather have a pair of high-quality, American Pearl pearl earrings for a grand, than to spend that kind of money on a sub-par necklace from a discount store.